Our first stop was Free Wednesday at the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. It was great because we saved $25 each on admission, but there was so many people in there that we all decided that the next time we'll pay the admission fee! LOL
Since Kiana was taking time off from school, we called it her Field Trip. I liked the new set-up of the Aquarium. I wished we could have gone into the rainforest part, but the line was so long we skipped it. We decided to do that another time.
The aquarium is now downstairs. It's neat because there is so much to see, the above photo is from the Philippine Coral Reef. I loved it cause of all the colorful fish. And we could see the guy cleaning the tank, which was pretty cool. Reminded me of Finding Nemo. LOL
This photo is of the California Coast Tank. Love to see all of the fish that we have close to us in the ocean. They pipe in the water for the tanks directly from the ocean. I learned that from watching a show on the building of the new aquarium on Discovery channel.The one drawback of being downstairs was that there were so many people downstairs, and it made it very warm. If you're claustrophobic, free Wednesday might not be a great idea. Too many people crammed into such a little space. Other than that, it was a great experience.
After going to the aquarium, we decided to walk through the Japanese Tea Garden across the way. I haven't been there in years, I think the last time was with my friend Christine. It was really neat to go back and take a bunch of photos.
Here is Eydie and Kiana on the bridge. The bridge is really cool, really steep though. LOL They had fun trying to climb down.
And here is a picture of the Buddha statue in the garden. It was so cool, there was a finch that kept landing on his hand. I didn't take the picture in time to get it, that would have been a cool pic.
So, of course after going to the tea garden, we had to go to Japantown to go get noodles at Mifune. And of course we had to walk around and shop. My favorite store is of course the Sanrio Store. It's a pretty big one, and they had some really fun San Francisco Kitty items. I just love getting the different city's kittys.
Here's the front of the store:
It was a really great day to play, and I'm glad we got to spend time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment