Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Hello Kitty Medallions

 Soon it is going to be Miss Sofia's First Birthday.  And we're having a Hello Kitty party for her!  Can you tell I'm excited.  I LOVE Hello Kitty.  I mean LOVE Hello Kitty.  I've been in love with Miss Kitty since I was a little girl and we went to our first Sanrio Store in Union Square where I bought my first teeny tiny set of colored pencils because OMG, how can you not love Hello Kitty and anything miniature.  LOL
 So when Heather decided to have Hello Kitty as the theme of Sofia's party, can you imagine me jumping up and down for joy.  So I got out my Hello Kitty Cricut cartridge, and started cutting little Hello Kitty heads.   So pictured are some of the decorations we'll be using for the party.  I am in love with making Medallions, and using the Martha Stewart Circle cutter, circle edge cutter, and just punches in general.  I have a circle cutter, can't remember the brand, but it doesn't hold a candle to Martha's cutter.  There is still an issue of the cutter slipping a bit when you use it, but the handle for the cutter is better, love that you can store the tips in the handle, and using it with a glass mat is WAY better than a self-healing mat.
 I also used those sticky jewels to put on the medallions cause they have to be shiny!  :)

 Just having too much fun playing with the different circle combinations, it's fun to make different pieces and to see how it all gets put together.
 I think I'll be cutting banners tomorrow.  This is too much fun, making party decorations for a little girl.  I'm not one to be all poofy and fluffy, but I love making poofy and fluffy for her.  :)


No comments: