Sunday, September 14, 2014

Banners and bracelets

 Sofia's second birthday is coming up, so I'm making her a banner for her birthday.  She's having a Minnie Mouse themed party, in red.  Since they don't have any cute Minnie Mouse material in red, I decided to use the red with black polka dots. 
 The flag design is from Big Dreams Embroidery, the Make a Banner ITH Project.
The designer of the program, Kate, makes it so easy to create.  She has really detailed instructions, and it's really easy to add your own fonts/designs to each flag.

The letter font is from My Sew Cute Boutique, and it came with Minnie and Mickey icons. I've got to figure out how to do the icons, but that will be easy to do.  Will post the final design soon.

 I've also been making bracelets for my sister's non-profit Raining Hope.  From the quilted ornaments I made in an earlier post, I had some scrap strips of material, and I remembered that Marah Johnson posted some fabric bangles on her instagram.  So I thought it would be a great way to use up all those scraps and some of the beads I have in my stash.
 These are metal bangles above that I had in my stash from Forever 21.  I just covered them with the fabric and wire-wrapped them with beads.
But since those bangles are all one size fits all that really don't fit all sizes, I had a request for larger bangles.  SO, I found some tubing from Orchard Supply Hardware, and made the above bracelets.  I think they turned out really cool.  They are thicker as well, so I had to adjust and use larger beads.  I hope my friend likes them.

So that's what I've been up to this weekend, that and watching the Giants and the 49ers.  Go Niners!!  What have you been up to??

No comments: