Hope that you all had a Happy Thanksgiving, and a Happy Black Friday! Did you all get stuffed with Turkey then get up really early to go shopping?
This year we cooked the Thanksgiving dinner because my mom's oven broke on Wednesday night. I think we did pretty well for having less then 24 hours to prepare a whole meal. Luckily my mom had already thawed the turkey and had gotten a lot of other things we'd need. Cause to look for stuff the night before is always impossible.
But we did pretty well. Phil of course made a delicious turkey and rib roast. I tried my hand at Cranberry Apple Sauce, and man, did that taste good. (if I must say so myself). We got the recipe for that on The Food Channel after watching the 10 things that people ask about thanksgiving show. We used fresh cranberries instead of dried, and it seemed to work better.
We also tried to make stuffing, that did not turn out so well. And I need to practice more at making gravy, but all in all, it was a really good meal. I also decided to make turkey soup. And man, 4 bowls later, I'm stuffed! LOL
Hope you all have a great Saturday and Sunday! Do we call those black Saturday and Sunday? LOL
Simon Says Stamp United We Craft PARTY!!
6 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a really yummy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you were able to even though your mom's oven broke. At least you had a thawed turkey. No way would you have been able to have one otherwise. Those suckers are like cement for days.
Can't believe it's come and gone tho.
Yep, at least our turkey was thawed, but they showed us on the food tv how to thaw a frozen turkey quickly. :) I know what you mean about it coming and going so fast.
Post a Comment