It's the first time I've ever made a banner flag, and it was a lot of fun. I tried doing it out of this heavy brocade material, but it unraveled too much for me to have unfinished edges. And so I decided on making it out of a cotton material with a heavy stabilizer backing.
I saw the circle felt snowflakes in an issue of CK. So I scraplifted the idea. I just love doing hand embroidery, so I was able to incorporate a teeny bit into the banner.
Then I found this really great mesh material that had glittery snowflakes on it, you can't see it very well cause, it's kind of washed out. But I took a bit of that material, and sewed it to the top half of the banner for a bit of texture.
Then after all was said and done, I sewed on sequins with beads to each banner. I love a bit of sparkly!
I'll take a better picture of it when I get it back. Everyone is doing such beautiful work! I can't wait to see what all the banners will look like. :)
6 comments:
It looks awesome Mel! I love it!
Thanks Kay!
what a fun swap. The banner looks great Mel!
Thanks Linda! I will post the individual pics as soon as I find the time to take them. :)
Your banner is beautiful and I'm so happy to be the receiver of one of them! You are no longer a banner virgin ;-)
I love your banner too Aileen! I am so excited to sign up for another swap!
Post a Comment