Friday, April 19, 2013

Yarn Bomb & Tahoe.

 Today we were walking in Downtown San Mateo and we came across this really cool Yarn Bomb.  I just love the little guy on the bicycle.  I can't imagine how long it took to do this, it takes me awhile to make one scarf.  I just love it!!
 Last weekend my daughter invited us to go to Tahoe with them  So of course we jumped at the chance.  Phil and I went up a day early just to have a couple of extra days off to the weekend.  And it was just beautiful up there.  Love the snow!

Of course we had to stop at our favorite places while we were there.  Our first stop was Cabela's.  And I could not believe how empty some of the shelves were in the store.  You know, the ammo shelves.  It's just unbelievable how in one year you can go from having stock in certain items to nothing at all.

 Here's a picture of us driving into Kings Beach.  I just love the lake and just the calmness of life out there.  I don't know if it's just cause we're on vacation, or if it's just the attitude of people out there, but I know someday I'll have to live out this way.
 Especially since rush hour traffic in Reno was like this:
 Here's a photo of Phil and Alex in Cabela's. 
 And of course we had to eat at our favorite place, Lanza's.  LOVE their deep fried ravioli.

 This is their deep fried mozzarella cheese.
 My most favorite dish that they make is chicken marsala.  Can you say YUM?
 Here is the cabin we stayed in, it's actually a townhouse.  It was so nice to stay there and relax.  No worries at all. The one bad thing was not being wired to the internet.  But that was kind of a good thing cause we all got to sit around and talk to each other.
 This is the view leaving the cabin.  It's absolutely beautiful!

2 comments:

Kay said...

That's so pretty. That would be camping to me. lol

Melanie E said...

LOL it is definitely camping to me!