Sunday, March 03, 2013

Queen Anne's Lace Scarf

 Lately I've really been into crocheting.  I saw some things that I really like that people have made, and I really wanted to challenge myself to read patterns because I was SO confused by them with all their abbreviations.  They really looked like a different language to me.  So, I started out watching videos, and then decided to jump in on a few patterns.  I made a baby blanket for a co-worker's new baby.  That was a challenge for me because I had to concentrate on one pattern for a long time.  LOL  (Of course I forgot to take photos of the blanket).

I have crocheted different scarves.  And of course, no photos.  The Knifty Knitter loom is really fun to use, and I made a few scarves with that.  But this just caught my eye the other day, the Queen Anne's Lace pattern.  And I just had to try it.  The pattern I found  on Pinterest through 1craftyboy's weblog. 

I don't know why I tried a pattern without photos, but I did.  And I used the Red Heart Super Saver Camo yarns cause I just love all the different colors. I've always loved lots of colors as a little kid.  So this is how they've turned out:
The above photo is the "Urban Camo" yarn.  Love the grey/blue colors.


But I really love how the Platoon scarf came out. Love the different shades of brown. 

I'm working on the "Camoflage" yarn right now, and have a purple shimmer one as well.  Will post as I go along.

No comments: