Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wedding favors...

 Finally finished the wedding favors for my friend's sister-in-law's wedding.   I made the first 25 for them for the wedding shower, but they liked them so much that they wanted 100 more for the wedding.  I ended up making 120 more for them.  :) 
I first decided that since I only had 25 to make, I would use the sizzix die that I bought at Michael's for $5, and put a piece of the lace paper on them. Problem was, when I cut the first one, it didn't cut all the way through.  So I used my handy dandy dentist pick, and poked out all the centers.  Yep, Poked out all the centers.  I had little paper dots everywhere!  LOL You know, back when I was stamping cards, they used to have this lace paper at the stores.  Not anymore.  OMG,  so I ended up doing this for all 120.

After gluing both papers on the mints, I tied a bit of hemp twine around the mints and I actually made the tags as well.  Tags are easy.  I usually lay them out like I'm making labels, and cut them with the paper cutter.  And I used the large crop-a-dile to punch the holes in the tags.

I was going to use the paper flowers that I found on clearance at Michael's but they ran out of them.  So, I found really pretty artificial roses that were the right size.  And I'd curl the ends of the twine with a little stick.
 Here is how they turned out:
 Since the wedding was a bit last minute, I just used different color flowers.  Thank goodness they didn't care about color, cause it was hard to find the colors that I needed to find.

 I think they turned out pretty cute.  :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's a lot of work but they are just so cute and pretty! Your idea? Just love it! Jayne

Melanie E said...

No, a friend found them on pinterest, I believe. I just jazzed them up a bit. :)