Monday, February 15, 2016

Glass etching

 So I've finally helped to finish my niece's belt buckle case.  My nephew and his friend built this case out of reclaimed wood for my nephew's wife for this past Christmas.  She has participated in many horse shows, and won a lot of belt buckles.  So they made her this case.  At Christmas we were talking about glass etching and my silhouette cutter when they had a great idea to etch the glass on the case.  We came up with barbed wire around the sides and her name and performance horses on the bottom.  The barbed wire I found at the Silhouette design store.  And I used text that matched her logo.

 It was fun figuring out how to make everything line up.  Our big dilemma was that they already had attached the glass to the cabinet so we couldn't take it out.  Since he has a sand blaster at home, we masked everything off so he could sand blast it the next day.
 I think it turned out really well.  They should make more of these to sell!  And I think that he took pretty awesome photos too! 

No comments: