Monday, October 03, 2016

Welcome to Nevada!

It's been awhile since I've posted because we have moved to Nevada! Prices on homes in California have become so unreasonably high, that we couldn't afford to live there anymore.  We wanted to buy a place of our own, and we found that Nevada was a very affordable alternative.  So we bit the bullet, and have been moving for the past couple of months to Nevada.

On one of the trips up, I past by some people going to Burning man.  LOL

 
 Saw this cool dog car.  I hope it's a dog car.  To me it looked like a really large hamster.

 And also saw this rolling bar.  LOL  Very interesting stuff going up there.

Well, it took awhile for us to move because we wanted to paint the house while the rooms were empty. And in doing that I found these really cool drawings on one of the walls.  My first thought was, "Is that an eye?  Who draws an eye on the wall?"

 Then looking closer at the wall, I found this woman
 And a winged heart.  LOL
 Sadly, we had to paint over it.  But the walls look so much better!
 We've been meeting our neighbors, which has been awesome!  It's been a long time since we had really nice neighbors.  Everyone I've met so far has been super nice.  One neighbor makes these really cute pencil holders.  We had just met him, and he goes home for a bit, then comes back with these:
So dang cute!

So far I am loving our new home.  Just have to wait and see how much I love snow, cause this California girl has never driven in snow.  This is going to be a great adventure!

No comments: