I have been helping my niece with her wedding decorations. And one thing that she wanted was this wedding favor bag. They are going to do a candy bar, and she wanted bags for them to put candy in with this saying:
First thing that came to mind was, oh no, I can't print white on kraft bags through my ink-jet printer. Next thought was to purchase a rubber stamp. But all the rubber stamps for this type of thing are coming from China, and it took 4 weeks for me to get a Christmas gift that said it would take 10 days last year. So, scratch that, plus the rubber stamps were running from $25-$60 not including shipping. It would be ok if it would be reusable, but how many more times will they be stamping that?
So, what to do? Next thought, I could silkscreen it onto the bag. I could cut vinyl for a stencil and buy the whole silkscreen kit and go from there. Ok, Cool! That would work. So I order the kit, which only came with black ink, crap! Now I will have to order white ink, well, let's see if Michael's has it and I can use their coupon! Yep! Score! 40% off!
So I sit down and design the stencil, made sure to mirror it to make sure I didn't silk screen upside down. And I cut out the stencil, and the letters are going to be too small and too thin to do that. Ding dang it! Now what to do? Cut it all out in vinyl? Nope, still have a bit of a problem weeding.
Let's try using Avery decals! So I go to buy the decals, design everything on their website, print it out, and everything is off center. GREAT. Try to move it so that it would print correctly...Nope. Totally doesn't help. Now I'm getting REALLY frustrated. Never had that problem with printing with their labels before. What to do?
Make your own labels! I found that I could take a solid sheet of sticker paper, print out what I want, and then using my handy dandy really large circle punch, I could punch the labels out to put on the bag!! Did it work.... YES! I know I could have cut them out with my silhouette if I use their cut and scan option, but since I had all the issues with the avery labels, I just thought the easiest way was to punch them out with my very large circle punch.
Above is the sheet of stickers and the large circle punch!
You just turn the circle punch upside down to align it with the image you printed, and punch it out! After cutting 3 circles out on one side, I'd take my paper cutter and trim off the section I punched.
This worked out beautifully!
These are the finished bags, not exactly like the first sample that she wanted, but she loves how they turned out! So very excited that she liked them! So when things won't work out the first time, there are many other options!

No comments:
Post a Comment