Monday, September 18, 2017

Mini Prayer Flags

I've been in two swaps now for making mini prayer flags.  These are less than 2" and can be wearable if you put them on safety pins. You make them from the bits of scraps that you have from other leftover projects.  I've had a lot of scraps that I've been saving from different projects, and used denim and thicker canvas as a sturdier background.

These are the first ones that I made for a swap in one of my fabric crafting groups.  I also decided to make some heart-shaped ones because I love hearts.  You can also put bits of beads on them, sequins, whatever you like onto them.  I have a ton of beads and charms, so it was fun going through those.

 
 These four are from another swap in an art group. They were a little bigger than the safety pin ones. I liked working on a little bigger "canvas".  I could use bigger beads on them and charms. Using burlap and trim helped to give them a little different look.


They are a lot of fun to make, and really fast and easy too!

No comments: