I really like how it turned out, I think I have to scour the thrift stores to find more skirts to make tree skirts. What a great way to reuse old clothing. So scour your closets to see if you can find a skirt that will go with your tree. Especially if you were going to donate it in the first place.
I sewed a lot of this together, but you can really do this without sewing. You can glue to glue all the accents onto the skirt. And if the skirt has frayed edges, you really don't have to finish the side seams. And you can glue the ties onto the skirt too. Or if it doesn't matter, you can just leave them laying flat without tying them together.
I'm going to cut up a dress next and use that as the next tree skirt. I'll keep you posted.
4 comments:
That turned out so cute! It would look awesome with one of those 50's pink xmas trees.
I think so too, with a bunch of country pink ornaments! :)
very pretty - i like the ribbons you used to tie it close.
Hiya there! Thanks for participating in the Christmas Crafts Blog Carnival. It's up! You can view it here http://keikigifts.brighterplanet.org/handmade-gift-ideas/carnival-1-christmas-crafts
Post a Comment