So I watched the dvd Nights in Rodanthe finally. OMG, I really liked it a lot. SO much that I decided to read the book.
Now I usually have a really big problem when a book gets made into a movie. And I know that they could never fit everything into what is in a book into a movie, cause the movie would be like 3 or 4 days long. LOL My problem is when they don't put in the things I thought were important, or when they change a ton of things for the movie. So normally I'll try to watch the movie first then read the book.
So the movie and the book have relatively the same plot. But the execution of the main plot of the love story were executed much differently. And for the first time ever, I really liked both versions. Mainly because they left out in the movie Amanda's struggle with her own love story.
I'm not sure if it was because it would have been too Notebook-ish. I have to read another one of his books to see if this is a regular theme with Nicholas Sparks.
But I really did like how the movie changed the way the story was told in the book. Because, really, you couldn't get most of what was going on in the book into a movie version. I was annoyed at first when reading the book, but then really liked how they did the movie, and then really liked how the book was written.
So, if you haven't seen or read either, I'd watch the movie first, and don't even try to compare it to the book. Then read the book as a totally different story. It just made me appreciate both versions that way. :)
Simon Says Stamp United We Craft PARTY!!
6 years ago
1 comment:
I love Nicholas Sparks. Haven't seen the movie but afraid too. Every time I read his books I get so sad and cry.
Post a Comment