Thursday, January 21, 2016

Vinyl cutting

I'm still having a lot of fun playing with my Silhouette Cameo.  Who knew I'd love playing with vinyl so much.  I really love the look of the lighted glass blocks that I've been seeing everywhere.  And a friend of mine lost her nephew a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to make her a block.   I just love this photo and saying. Her sisters loved it so much that I made them two more.  :)   I had to give them to her without the lights because of course, I made this after all the black Friday sales, so all the Christmas lights that would work are gone.  BUT luckily, I found that Hobby Lobby still carries short strands of lights that are plug in lights.  Yay!

 
I found blinky lights, colored blinky lights, but not the non-blinky ones.  Thank goodness for Hobby Lobby.  There was also a single big bulb light, I want to see what that is going to look like.

 Tonight's project was for two sets of Dog dog tags.  That sounds funny.  But another friend at work lost her dog last week, and she wanted me to make her grand kids these dog tags to remember him by.  They finally came in this week so I could finish them.  I don't like to make the dog tags as much as I do the pendants, the pendants have simpler lines and harder plastic "Bubbles".  But I think these came out not so badly.
 I found this really cute dish at Target, so I decided to put Ashley's name on it and give it to her for her pink glass collection. Technically it is not glass, but it's breakable?  LOL  I hope she likes it.
 I found these little dishes all over the place, and I found out that a  lot of people have been selling these on the internet.  So here's my versions.  I think they're a little too plain, so I have to find something else to put on it.

This cutting board was made for a woman who makes us so many goodies at work.  I thought since she would bake some really great things for us, I'd make her something.  So I found these glass cutting boards to put vinyl on.  The vinyl was put on second surface. I want to now try a large monogram one.




No comments: