Sunday, March 13, 2016

Paint Nite

 A couple of friends of mine and I went to Paint Nite in Fremont.  They have been hearing me talk about it for weeks, and they wanted to try it out.  So we decided to go after work one night.  Above is the teacher's painting.
 This is Sue and her painting.  She really enjoyed it because it was really easy to do, and fun.  She chose this painting of all the ones they posted.

 Lori is a friend that I met through Phil's sister, she's his sister's boss  She really enjoyed herself as well. I  love how her painting turned out.
 Sue's sister-in-law Betty Ann came along as well.  She was a bit nervous to paint, cause she's seen the painting horror stories.  You know, how people get really drunk and their paintings look nothing like the sample one.  LOL  I think she did really well for her first time painting. She only called out "Blackhawk Down" once, and that was cause she didn't like her boat.  :)  The teacher thought her boat was just fine!  LOL
 This is my painting.  Phil thought that the moon looked like it was floating in the water.  And darn it , he was right.  So I fixed it , put more grey into the sky so it didn't look like we were dunking the moon in the lake.  :)  I also glittered the moon when I got home cause you can't have enough glitter.

I'm really getting addicted to these paint nites.  I have signed up for at least 3 others so far.  LOL  Luckily other people want the paintings I've made, so I only have kept 2.  This one and the double cup one.  Hopefully the next two come out nice.   And I'm getting requests to do paintings too now, we'll see how they turn out.  :)

No comments: