This is my aunt and uncle's home. They were actually my dad's uncle and aunt. And so they were my great uncle and aunt. They lived here for a very long time. I can always remember coming here. We would play hide and seek in their backyard. Of course, there weren't many places to hide in, but being young, we didn't realize that. LOL
We would ride our bikes here from our house, it's only a few blocks away. I'd pass it walking to school when I was in high school. Their house was 2 blocks from my high school.
This was always the place to go to when our relatives from Hawaii came to visit. Everyone would meet here, and we'd have a great time just talking and playing.
It's just really sad that it is going to be sold instead of keeping it in the family. There are a ton of really great memories here at this house. They must have lived here over 50 years. I really do get sad to know that it's going to be sold. I think I do get way too attached to things. But I guess some other family will start their memories here too.
No comments:
Post a Comment