OMG, Hope that everyone is enjoying the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars!! Can you imagine, it's been 30 years?? I have a hard time believing it's been that long. Went first thing this morning to get my Star Wars Stamps!! YEE HAW! LOL
I still can remember going to see it with my church group the summer before 8th grade. I went into it thinking, OMG, they're making me go see a sci-fi movie. Who would have thought that moment in time would have started my love for all things Star Wars! From the first moment that the Blockade Runner flew across the screen, I was hooked!
I mean it changed special effects as we knew it then. Now that stuff is just the norm. But back then it was amazing to see a space ship fly across the screen with no wires! I mean remember all those Buck Rogers movies?? LOL And the aliens were so believeable! I can remember seeing A New Hope, or as we knew it then, Episode 4, and thinking...WOW!
And Yes, I'm the total geek girl! My older sister still calls me when they have a star wars question. Really. It's too funny. "In the movie..." And then she'll hear, "Well, in the movies and the books..." It's pretty scary sometimes.
Anyway, hope everyone enjoys the anniversary!!
Simon Says Stamp United We Craft PARTY!!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment