Friday, July 25, 2008

Sewing Tote Bags

I am helping my friend Karan sew some tote bags for her non-profit group. And it's been a real learning experience. I'm just learning how to sew things other than straight line. And although a tote bag is all straight lines, I'm learning a lot about stitches and hems.

But first, here's a picture of Oreo helping me out. I was sewing on the machine, not paying any attention to him. I turned my back, and found him making himself very comfortable on my pile of material I am to sew. LOL

Here is the top of the bag. I'm having fun learning how to stitch hems. I think this looks a whole lot better than my first try! LOL
I learned how to gusset the bottom of the bag. I'm so excited! It almost looks like someone else actually did that! LOL
Here's the handle not attached to the bag. I don't have a machine that can go through all the heavy layers of material to attach the handle, but am having fun with the handles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow your bag turned out so cool! You're a pro at this sewing business!

Melanie E said...

thanks Kay!