Friday, December 05, 2008

Flyers Blanket

The color is kinda off, but I'll fix that tomorrow. This is one of the blankets I've been embroidering. Thanks to Sara at Crafterzone, I did my first embroidery on Fleece. It was pretty easy.

I hooped sticky stabilizer and a thick cut away stabilizer (using spray adhesive to stick the two together). Then stuck the blanket onto the sticky stabilizer. I did end up basting a stitch around where I wanted to embroider cause for some reason it stabilized better. I also put a piece of water soluable stabilizer on top so that the stitches wouldn't get lost in the fleece.

And wa-la! (Wha-la?) LOL It came out really well. There was a bit of movement on a couple of pieces, but other than that it went well. I did a practice test run first on a piece of black fleece that I bought for $1 at JoAnns Fabrics. Oreo is going to have his own little flyers blanket! LOL

8 down 5 more to go!

No comments: