Friday, October 09, 2009

Eydie & Kiana's visit

My sister Eydie and niece Kiana came for a short visit Monday -Thursday. They live in Southern California, and we don't get to see them very often. So it's nice when they can come up to visit us.

Let me tell you, the two of them are Power Shoppers. I mean I like to go shopping, but I'm pretty much a "let's browse around the store for a while, and move on" kinda gal. These two can stay in a store for an hour trying on clothes, maybe finding a top or two. LOL They do find the bargains though, Kiana found a purse for $4!!

It was fun cause I got to go to Japantown, I don't go there very often. And we found some really great ramen at Kumako Ramen on Jackson Street in San Jose. The noodles were awesome!! I was in Ramen heaven! LOL

Before they left, we had an eventful morning. One of the grey kittens had gotten his back foot stuck between the trunks of two trees in our backyard. The trunks were pretty thin, so I could see how he got his foot stuck. So Eydie woke me up cause she spotted the kitten. Good thing they were here cause he would have been there for awhile cause I was really sleeping. LOL

The mom cat wouldn't let Eydie near it, cause she doesn't know her. And she said while she was trying to figure out what to do, all the kittens were comforting the kitten, going up to it and licking it while it was stuck in the tree.

So I went over to it, and it was hissing and meowing. And the mom was on the fence kinda growling at me. But she let me walk up to the kitten. I tried touching his foot to get it out, but it was freaking out too much. So then I thought to pull on the trunk of one of the trees so that it could loosen it's foot a bit. That worked well, instead of having his foot stuck, he got his head stuck too. GREAT. LOL

But then it finally got its head out and took off into the ivy. Thank goodness! I could just see us trying to cut down part of the tree to get the cat out.

How was your week? :)

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time. OMG Kiana has grown so much! She is still a cutie too.

Melanie E said...

I know, I couldn't believe she's grown so much. She got so tall. :) LOL Next time we see her she'll probably be really tall! :)