So, tonight was the first time I've seen the Beatles Rock Band for the Wii. OMG, it was the coolest thing, mainly cause it's the Beatles. Cause I just love the Beatles. I think the different graphics are kinda fun. The big guy dressed up as a giant rabbit was a little weird on I am the Walrus.
To me, the funniest thing was watching the group of 15 year old girls play the game. The first song they chose was "Come Together". And if you haven't seen a bunch of teen girls trying to sing this song for the first time, it's a must see. Mainly because when Alex got to the part when they started singing about "Joo joo eyeballs," the look on her face was classic. And as the song progressed, she just stopped and said, "What the heck?" What kind of lyrics are those? LOL I couldn't stop laughing.
Cause really, did we even know what the heck we were singing when that song came out?
So, they got Debi G and Christina to sing because none of the girls knew any of the lyrics...um hello?? I was thinking, didn't your parents listen to this music for you to know the lyrics? Then you come to realize, half of the parents are in their 30's, and many of them didn't listen to the Beatles...WHAT?? LOL ok yes, half of them didn't even know that there is a Yellow Submarine movie with the Beatles in it. And then I said, you never saw them go to the land with all the holes, and Ringo pick up one and put it in his pocket? (ok they started looking at me really funny). Then you tell them, yes, and then at the end of the movie, he pulls out this big black hole from his pocket and says, "I got a 'ole in me pocket" in his british accent.
Boy, did I get funny looks then.
I didn't feel to bad, cause the other half of the parents were my age or a bit older, so they knew all the words to the Beatles songs like we all did. And we were the only ones singing to the game. It was pretty sad too. Thinking that there is this whole generation of kids that only know these songs because of this video game.
What an eye opening evening it has been tonight! ;)
Simon Says Stamp United We Craft PARTY!!
6 years ago
2 comments:
Oh that has to be priceless! You have so much fun up there it cracks me up just hearing about it.
it's the one thing I miss about the kids being all grown up. all these priceless moments! ;)
Post a Comment