Sunday, December 06, 2009

RIP my computer friend...

Sorry that the last couple of posts are pictureless. I'm in the process of moving stuff over to my boyfriend's computer because mine has died a slow death. The motherboard was overheating, so it would only stay on for maybe 5 minutes before it would shut itself off and then back on. I asked Christoph to take a look at it, and after some exploring that is what we figure is going on. It's a good thing I had backed up most of my files onto my external hardrive. There are a few files still on the hard drive that I have to get off, but I'm going to wait till I get my next computer to do that.

So, the next couple of days will be filled with uploading the computer programs that were my most favorite to use, and to get my life back in gear. It's a pain to have to share the computer, but it will give me time to get some other things done I think.

It's so funny how you get used to having a computer set up the way you like it, with the programs you like, and it working oh just so, and then all of a sudden it crashes, and you have to figure out what to do next. Luckily my sister has a computer for me to use, or I just don't know what we'd do at the moment. I still have to wait a couple of weeks till I get it, but heck, it's better then not having one at all.

What in the world did we do before we had a computer??

No comments: