Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Skunk Fight!

So, last night I was awakened at around 1 in the morning by this high pitched animal scream. My first thought was that it was one of the wild animals attacking one of the kittens. So I jump out of bed, run to the window, and I see two skunks fighting. Well, my exact words to Phil were, "There are two skunks killing each other!!!"

There was a larger skunk on top of a smaller skunk trying to bite him while the smaller skunk was squealing. So, here I am knocking on the window hoping that they'd stop fighting. But of course, they don't care that I'm knocking on the window. They're just claiming territory.

I'm scared for the skunks, I know, it's a natural thing. But still, I don't want a dead skunk in our yard. And then I'm scared that they're gonna attack the cats. But I look up, and all 7 are sitting on top of the wood pile. Phil said that it looked like they were highschool kids watching a fight in the school yard. LOL

By the time we got to the kitchen door, they were gone. But then, the smell. OMG, it was awful! You couldn't smell it at first, but then man, it just started spreading through the air, getting stronger and stronger. And of course, it had to be near the bedroom window. So that room got the worst of it.

Velcro was looking at me like, "Come on mom, make it stop!"

I didn't realize skunks would fight like that, and that they sound like little piggies when they squeal. I hope that they will behave tonight!

No comments: