Monday, February 25, 2008

That teaches me...

So, have you ever thought to yourself, "You know, I'm only going to be gone for a second, and my phone needs charging, so I'll leave it home?"

That was my thought yesterday, and it taught me to never EVER leave without a phone. LOL

I went to get a newspaper at the liquor store near the house. And I figured, I'll be back in a second, so I'll just leave my phone at home. WRONG!

After picking up the paper, I got back into my truck, and when I turned the ignition...NOTHING. Just that ominous click click noise. No lights, no music, no starter turning over. Just that darn click noise. You know, the one that tells you that either you have no juice going to your starter, or you have no starter.

So, my next thought was: "CRAP, I have no phone."
Then, where the heck is a payphone. Now, if you thought there would be a payphone everywhere, you're just wrong. Welcome to the world where everyone has a cell phone. Well, everyone but the dorky girl who left hers at home.

So, I walk the strip mall, and of course, they haven't installed payphones since they remodled cause again, everyone has a cell phone. So, I walk to the gas station. Nope, the part where you put the coin in is jammed. GREEEAAAATTT. Then I'm thinking, "OH! I have a calling card!"

Did you know they cancelled the calling card program for AT&T a couple of years ago?? Again, probably cause everyone HAS a cell phone.

So, I go to the payphone across the street, and it starts to rain. Um, remember that I was only going to be gone for a second...no jacket. LOL

So, I finally call Phil, and he'll be by to save me in a few minutes. Thank goodness I went somewhere close.

So back I go to the truck. Sit in silence, watch cars go in and out and hoping and praying someone close to my truck leaves their spot so that Phil can park close enough to jump the truck.

Someone finally leaves, Phil pulls up, the truck starts up right away. Turns out it was a faulty connection from my wires to my battery terminal. Thank goodness it didn't fall off while I was driving.

Moral of the story....

ALWAYS take your cellphone with you. Don't leave home without it, even if you're going to be gone for a second!

No comments: