Saturday, December 13, 2008

More Bracelets

All these bracelets were partially made from reuse items. Many of the beads were from other beaded jewelry items that had been broken. The bracelet above had some beads from other jewelry pieces. The clear crystal is from a chandelier. The bracelet actually came from Michael's, on sale, and it had the Buddha charm on it already. Pretty cool!

The beads on the bracelet above were from my bead collection. It actually matched the green bead that was already on the bracelet. And Green is a lucky good fortune color, so I made this one green and white.
We found a bunch of cross charms in my friend's jewelry stash. Some were from mismatched earrings, the big cross was on a necklace. And the crystals were from a chandelier. I loved how all the charms matched.
This goldtone bracelet was actually a belt of bells. I cut it into a couple of pieces and put red and green beads on it that were in my stash. It's cool that something someone tossed can be reused into something totally different. It just looked so Christmasy to me.
And I love this star bracelet. The beads were a mix of old jewelry pieces, the chandelier pieces, and my own beads. I just love how it looks, simple not too much. Although, if it were for me, I'd put a ton more beads on it! LOL

So save your single earrings and broken jewelry. You can make wonderful new pieces from stuff you were going to throw away.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

what a great idea to reuse beads and other jewelery items ~ great looking bracelets.

Melanie E said...

Thanks Kristen! It's for a friend who is making items out of recycled jewelry and things to sell for her youth art project. It's a lot of fun to save things from the dumpster!

Anonymous said...

All of your bracelets are pretty but I especially love the one with the gold bells!

Kristen said...

I love the bell bracelet too, it's so festive :o)