Thursday, September 10, 2009

Julie & Julia and other things...

Today we went to see Julie & Julia. I LOVED the movie. Loved it cause of course it had to do with Blogging. LOL

It was so neat seeing how Julia Child began to learn how to cook. And even more interesting, how long it took to create a cookbook. OMG, just thinking of typing all those pages, and multiple times. Cause you couldn't just turn on the computer and print. It makes me remember all those years of typing high school and college papers, and thinking back then that I wouldn't have to learn how to type cause I'm going to be a drafter. How wrong I was! LOL

Loved all the food that was in the movie, made me want to eat beef bourginon. It looked so darn yummy in the movie!!

It was so interesting to see how much Julie learned not just cooking, but life lessons as well. I wish I could have read her blog from the beginning. I'll have to go and find her book.

It made me come home today and shred all of that zucchini for future bread recipes. And I remembered today that I have a food processor. DUH! Made shredding that zucchini so fast! I got a total of 16 cups of zucchini in the freezer, and 3.5 cups on the counter waiting to be baked.

If you haven't seen the movie, go out and see it! I loved it!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm glad you loved the movie! You make a good point, that Julie learned not only about cooking but about life lessons as well. The movie made me want to cook and that's one thing I don't do!!

Melanie E said...

LOL I hear ya, Kristen! I made Pizza on Friday, actually made the pizza dough in the bread maker. LOL And Debi G. went and made us Beef bourguignon on Thursday. That was cool!

Kay said...

I really want to see this movie. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD since I doubt I'll see anything at the theater anytime soon. I'm still waiting for Viggo's new one, "The Road" to come out next month. That one I'm going to. lol

Melanie E said...

It was so good! But don't watch it when you're hungry. LOL You'll want to have Beef bourguinon.