Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Zucchini Bread

So when Phil came home from camping yesterday, he handed me three HUGE zucchinis. He said that Diane has put in an order for Zucchini bread. OMG, I don't think I've ever seen a Zucchini that size before. I mean, that hand trowel is a normal size hand trowel, and the zucchini is bigger than that!! OMG, it's crazy.

So I went about finding more recipes for Zucchini Bread. I had one from Paula Deen through the food channel, but that one used 3 cups of sugar, and who really needs that much sugar in their bread??

I found a good recipe for the standard zucchini bread at allrecipes.com It was a good recipe, Phil has already taste tested it. LOL



Another recipe that I found was for Chocolate Zucchini bread. This recipe was from the Land O Lakes site. Phil just tried it and he said it was good too. Well, he said it was "Interesting" so I had to clarify, was it good? Yes, it was good. :) LOL

So from that really HUGE Zucchini, so far I got about 9 cups of shredded zucchini. And I still have about 1/3 of it left! Plus 2 more zucchinis. I'm gonna have zucchini bread coming out my ears! Good thing so many people like it, the ones in my kitchen are all spoken for, plus I have to make Diane hers. Guess the Ehara Bakery will be in full swing this week.

No comments: