Saturday, December 19, 2009

Embroidered Aprons...

My sister requested an embroidered apron for a gift for her boss. I'm thinking that he's not reading my blog, so I thought I could post this now, cause I really like it! I know it's not as complex as the urban threads lady, but I get so happy when a design works, even as simple as they are.

She wanted the saying, "I am going to start my diet tomorrow." Cause that is what he always says to them when there are sweets around. I couldn't find any masculine food material at our local JoAnn's cause, everything they had was too girlie. So I found a premade apron and I figured I can embroider candy on the apron to go along with the saying.

Well, the computer took a dump right before I was going to work on this, so I had to figure something else out cause my AutoCAD program isn't compatible with Windows 7. Took me a few days to realize I could use paint and make chocolate chip cookies. how hard can that be?

So this is the final product.I like how it turned out. I had to make a couple of cookies that were chomped on just cause. LOL I hope they'll be happy with it. :)

2 comments:

Kay said...

The apron turned out awesome Mel! Great job, as always!!!

Melanie E said...

Thanks Kay!