So of course I had to make sure the bed for the outside kitties were nice and warm today. These are two of the kitties that were born in our backyard. Hopefully soon they'll be barn cats at Al's house.
Oh, and these are the purple cupcakes I made for Al. For helping us fix our waterpipes, he wanted Purple Iced cupcakes with cream filling inside. I don't know WHY purple, but you know, everyone in our family is going to now have purple iced something or other cause I have so much of the darn food coloring now. LOL
Found a great recipe online for the icing in the center. And after the cupcakes bake and cool, you're supposed to fill it with some type of injector. Of course I didn't have one, so I took an apple corer, and cored out a hole in the cupcake. I dug out some of the cake, filled it, then put the nub of cupcake top back in the hole and iced it. they turned out pretty well I think.
3 comments:
What pretty kitties! It IS so cold since the rains.
Those cupcakes look really YUM!
Those cupcakes still look yummy!! Like your new blog background, very holidayish (is that a word?) :o)
Thanks gals! I'll have to make more cupcakes. And i love those kitties. They're so fun to watch!
Post a Comment