I always think how lucky we are to have grown up in the bay area. The weather is awesome. Really, if you think about it. We have storms, but it's nothing compared to the storms they have in the midwest and back east. LOL And there is so much to do around the bay.
I remember growing up and going to the beach almost every day during the summer. We would go with my parents fishing in Half Moon Bay. They would fish, and we all would just play on the beach, digging holes, making sand castles. It was great! I didn't realize till I was older, how special this really was. I thought it was something everyone did, apparently not. LOL
And we were lucky enough to have a few families who lived in the area, who we spent a lot of time with during the year. The parents all were from some part of Hawaii. And you know if you're from Hawaii, you're family. LOL We always had "aunties and uncles" around. They weren't our blood relatives, but they were close enough. :)
And we would spend time going on picnics, going to each others houses to play. Saturdays or Sundays were spent going to visit different people, the grown-ups would talk story, and we kids would go running around the neighborhoods. It was just way too fun.
I just think of all the stuff we used to do as kids that the kids nowdays can't go and do. It's rather sad actually.
Simon Says Stamp United We Craft PARTY!!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment