

My grandparents lived on Kauai the rest of their lives. I actually didn't see them much because we lived here in California or the mainland.
I always think how brave my parents were that they would leave the islands to come to the mainland to make a better life for themselves. I don't want to move out of the bay area, and here they came all the way from Kauai to live here. I'm just glad that they picked the bay area to live in cause I just love it here.
I do think of how scary it must have been to move from a place where you have all your family and friends, to go to a place where you know nobody. Well, they didn't exactly know absolutely nobody. LOL Luckily my dad's uncle and aunt lived here. And my dad's sister was out here too. And actually, they had friends that had moved here as well, so maybe they didn't know absolutely nobody. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment