One of my favorite trips was one I took with a couple of friends so many years ago. Back then I worked for a bicycle accessory company called Avocet. And it was the best job. Not only did I get to help draw parts for things like Cyclometers, Altimeter Watches, and saddles and tires, but I met a great group of people that I spent a ton of time with after work as well.
One year, two of the engineers and I decided to take a road trip. One of the engineers named Marty would ride miles and miles every day. And we all talked about taking a road trip where he and Paul would ride their bicycles from a specific point up the coast back to San Francisco. And I would be their SAG wagon. We all took I think 10 days off to do this. We calculated that Paul could ride between 50 - 75 miles a day, and that since Marty would ride 100 miles a day, he would backtrack so many miles a day to make up the distance.
We figured we'd either camp out most days, maybe rent a hotel room in between so that we could definitely be comfortable a few days in between.
So, one Saturday we drove out to Coos Bay, Oregon to begin our adventure.
It was so much fun! we would have breakfast together. pack up our stuff. They would be off. I'd meet them at a specific time and place for lunch. But before and after that time I would get to do some sightseeing, shopping, and find a place for us to stay. It was great! It was like going on a trip by myself, but then getting to be with someone for meals and in the evenings.
One day we thought we lost Marty on the Lost Coast. it took him a lot longer than he thought to ride it, and we were about to drive out to see if we could find him when he got to the hotel. LOL Phew! Good thing!
I don't think I would have ever gone down the coast like that if it hadn't been for this trip. I stopped at the lighthouse that was in that movie with Mel Gibson, Forever Young. Saw Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox. LOL Saw some whales swimming near the coast. Went to Mendocino, stopped in Eureka. Went to the town where they had filmed Outbreak (well, went there before they filmed it). OMG, it was tons of fun!
But the best sight for me was seeing the Golden Gate Bridge at the end of our trip. I love the Golden Gate Bridge. It is just something that reminds me that I am home. I'll have to actually scrapbook that trip cause there were so many different memories that I don't ever want to forget!
Simon Says Stamp United We Craft PARTY!!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment