Monday, August 31, 2009

Cheese stuffed burgers

After watching episodes of Triple D (Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives), Phil made these yummy Cheddar Cheese stuffed burgers. OMG, they were so yummy and HUGE!

He started by taking ground beef and making a patty. Then we cut up some Extra-sharp cheddar cheese and put it in the middle. Then you take another patty and seal up the edges really well. You don't want to have molten cheese all over the bbq instead of inside the burger.

Then he grilled them on the BBQ. I don't normally eat cheese on my burgers anymore, but MAN, this was SO good!! Having the cheese inside the burger just changes the taste of it, and made it a lot yummier.

We served them on kaiser rolls. We're gonna try grilled onions and mushrooms next.

3 comments:

the trend guru said...

That looks so yummy...I wish I could do that with a veggie burger!!

Melanie E said...

I know, that would be cool. I would think that you could do that with a thawed burger?

Kay said...

We saw that same episode and were going to try it cuz John loves cheese on everything especially cheese burgers. Plus we have to add bacon to it. lol
I don't see why you couldn't do it with veggie burgers either. As long as they stayed plyable and didn't split when you smushed the edges together.