Monday, August 31, 2009

Niles Flea Market

This past Sunday was the Niles Flea Market. They have it every 4th Sunday in August. And it's really fun and interesting. Down the main street there are booths of antiques and now different types of clothing, art, you name it, they've got it. It started out being just an Antiques faire, but there are a lot of booths selling new items now. Most of the houses in the surrounding neighborhood have garage sales. So not only do you get to find really fun things on the main street, but you get to see what everyone else in the neighborhood is willing to part with.

I found these really cute beverage bottles. They're tiny! And they're filled with the actual drinks. I love coke bottles and anything coca cola, so I just loved checking the different bottles she had out there.
I loved these treasure chests. I love how they're painted. They just look like treasure chests! I would love to paint one up like the red one. LOL I need a treasure chest like I need a hole in the head, but these are just so beautiful!
Speaking of treasure chests, while walking back to Jackie's house, I looked up into the trees of this one home, and there was a Pirate ship! Yep, a pirate ship tree house! So of course, being a Japanese Tourist, I had to take photos of it!!

Look at how pretty she looks! Love the details, like the skull on the end and the chain hanging off.
And you can't have a pirate ship without a pirate flag. It was just so awesome to see it up in the trees!

2 comments:

ManJoseman said...

Nice post. I was there also.

Melanie E said...

It was a fun day out there! :)