Sunday, December 17, 2006

What a day...

Well, this morning was not a good morning. I was planning on getting a ton of Christmas stuff done today, cause all I had to do was call in to check how the store was doing all day. Phil and i were going in to replace the ballasts on the fluorescent lights at one, so we were going to do some of our shopping, and I was going to work on cards while I was in there....

NOT!

Ngoc called in sick. So, I had to go in all day. I was pretty pissy cause I've had no time off this week. I was using the day to finish up stuff. But of course, I leave everything till the last minute, so of course it gets messed up on me. My fault.

I mean she's covered for me the one day I was sick this month. And I was SO frustrated. The one store I want to go to is only open the same hours we are, so today was the one day I could go there. Gonna have to figure out another way to do what I was going to do now. sigh.

And then the ballasts weren't the right ones. The ones we needed were thicker than the ones that were bought. So Phil couldn't do that today either. And that was frustrating. Not that he couldn't do it, but just that now he has to go get the correct parts. And I wasn't going to have Phil put up something that wasn't the same shape or size. Electrical stuff is really tricky, and I don't want it overloading and causing a fire. That's all we need.

I'm just really tired. And burnt out. I know every year I'm going to work long hours at Christmas. I get that. And normally I don't mind at all. But I think on top of wanting to get stuff done so that my friends know how much I care about them, and all the stuff we have to do to promote the store, then sell stuff in the store, I'm really getting to not be in the Christmas mode this year. I thought I was doing good too. Thought I'd get stuff out early, work on all kinds of stuff. I'm definitely going to have to do New Year's stuff.

Sorry for the vent. And I know that there are worst things in the world. this is really little stuff, and I need to get over the little stuff. Good thing that Phil's here, he has been a big help in getting some stuff done for me. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should change and have a Sister Christmas in November or January.
No matter what we know you are a great sister Mel. We love you lots and know how stressed you are so don't worry about it. Please!

Love ya!

Deb said...

We have missed you, Mel, but know you must be really bogged down with all the Christmas stuff and working, too. Just think only 7 more days and it will be all over.
Take care and don't worry too much about things.

Melanie E said...

LOL I have missed you all too! I'm actually chatting with Shari right now. :) Thanks for being understanding, ladies!! I will get the stuff out to you.

I just found some cool recipes that I want to try out too. So, I know if I don't get the edible goodies out to you this week, you'll definitely have new year's goodies!!