Today I went to the San Francisco Gift show with my two cousins, Tina and Leah. It was so interesting to see what is new and interesting at the show. This year it was set up differently than previous years. It was set up like different areas of San Francisco...ok. LOL
It was interesting to me to see so many vintage items. We had a favorite store in Los Gatos that just closed, and in it were so many different vintage items. And part of the gift show this year reminded me of that store. Lots of vintage button jewelry, items made from vintage books and clothing. Many Eiffel towers and fleur de lis too.
A lot of booths had the scrabble tile pendants. I've been looking at those on etsy for awhile, and it was interesting to see so many booths with them.
Also lots of green products like the Stainless steel water bottles. Which are interesting to me because we went from having metal canteens, to plastic water bottles, to stainless steel water bottles. Things kind of go in a circle sometimes. Lots of reusable shopping bags. All shapes and sizes. Many different patterns and materials. And a really neat pencil made from recycled newspaper. Very cool.
And it was interesting to see a lot of embroidered items. Embroidered towels, aprons, hats in so many different themes. It was inspiring to me to see what can be done with embroidery. I'll have to get my creative gears churning to make stuff for Christmas. I mainly was interested in how they could do their embroidery with little or no stabilizer showing in the back. Did they use tear away? Cause I know they didn't use the cutaway I've been using. And I loved all the different patterns and sayings.
Well, I'll write more tomorrow, I think I'm gonna get some shut eye!
Hope you all had an interesting Sunday!
Simon Says Stamp United We Craft PARTY!!
6 years ago
1 comment:
sounds like a great fun filled day with your cousins seeing all the different things! Things do go in a cycle, alot more than we even realize.
Glad you had a good time and it was informative too :o)
Post a Comment