Friday, August 22, 2008

Our first Embroidered logo

So, I've been playing with the embroidery machine all week, and digitizing logos into the computer. This was the first logo that we digitized and embroidered.

I was sad because it didn't fill in the right places, and since it's our first try with different stabilizers, it was kind of puckery. I was thinking, hmm, there's got to be a better way of doing this to make everything work out.

So I played on the computer and moved stitches around the logo so they'd kind of overlap. And I thought I would use a thicker material, I used canvas. And this is what it turned out to look like:
I felt SO much better after seeing it turn out better. all I keep saying now is: "Take that, JoAnn Fabric's woman!" LOL Rookie my sweet patootie! She who couldn't demo any of the machines, take that! LOL She had told Phil that we would not be able to do that, and of course, I'm out to prove her wrong!!

Next step, a T-shirt. I need more thicker stabilizer, and the kind that adheres to the material, cause t-shirt material is so flimsy.

So, you'll see where we go from here.

No comments: