Here's the flying monkey I've been working on. I know, it's not blue, but it's a monkey, and it has wings! LOL
I actually took a webkinz shirt and kind of traced around it to make a pattern. I just made a vest out of felt cause I have never made sleeves yet.
I sewed the blue felt vest,together first, then worked on the designs on the front. I cut out a design out of the red felt, then sewed it on the white felt and then cut it out. Kind of like a shadow effect. Then I sewed that onto the blue vest.
For the hat, I just kind of made a pillbox type hat out of felt, then did the same thing like I did with the vest for the design. Then stuffed the hat and sewed it on the monkey.
For the wings, I took gold wire and shaped that into wings, then took some white kind-of-sheer backing that we use for embroidery and sewed it onto the wire. Then cut the wings out following the wire.
Sew the wings onto the vest and we have a flying monkey!!
2 comments:
love him!
Thank you! He cracks me up!
Post a Comment