Sunday, October 05, 2008

logo for a pee wee football team

Here is hopefully our next project. It's a logo for a pee wee football team in Fremont called the Rams. Philip worked on the logo yesterday. The photo was really small, and when it was blown up to the size we needed, the edges were kind of grainy. So Philip actually redrew the logo in paint shop.

The above logo was our first try, and as you can see, thread quality makes a ton of difference! We used thread above that I'm guessing wasn't the best quality. The bobbin thread kept getting pulled up from the bottom. Plus we learned that on our machine, when you load a bobbin, make sure you put the machine back to sewing speeds. LOL That makes the sewing a bit erratic as well.
This was our second attempt. We went to Jo-Anns to get better thread, and the quality showed! Not as much bobbin thread from the top. The parts that do show was because I didn't figure out about the sewing speed till I was partway through with the blue.
And here are both together, it's a bit hard to see, but the top one has a bit rougher look to it than the bottom. I'm learning that I need thicker stabilizer on thin material. Plus buy the best quality thread. It totally makes a difference.

No comments: