This is my second job of Nylon Jackets. These ones were a bit of a challenge for me because I've never done jackets that had a mesh lining in them. And I had a lot of trouble hooping it with the large hoop (cause for some reason that is the one that babylock puts in with their machines). The mesh is sewn into the interior of the jacket. And since the top part is actually a flap, you can't hoop just the flap part without taking the whole jacket apart and resewing it. Not something I wanted to do.We actually saw that on one of Phil's embroidered jacket, they just embroidered the mesh as well. Ok, that solved one problem. Hooping was an issue because of the construction of the jacket, we couldn't hoop it tight enough without capturing one of the seams.
Solution: Purchase the medium size hoop.
We would have needed to purchase it anyway, and it will save us on stabilizer on lots of projects in the long run. Now no hooping problems at all. YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment