Saturday, April 25, 2009

Trunk Mat

So today I've finally finished Christoph's Trunk mat for his Porsche. It looks really simple, but it was a lot more labor intensive than I thought it would be. First of all our hoop only does 5x7 sized embroidery. Anything else has to be split and pieced together.

Well, that's easier said than done. It was really easy on a piece of cloth that I could hoop because you know where the hoop is going to go, where when you do hoopless embroidery, it's a bit more of a challenge. Since you can't actually see where the hoop is going, it's a bit tougher on the layout.

I did finally figure it out by a bit of trial and error, and it came out looking ok. :) This logo is Christoph's own design, it's pretty cool. And it's probably the only large logo that I'll be doing. LOL

It was good practice for me.

No comments: