Thursday, October 02, 2008

I'm Finished!!!

I just now finished embroidering the 15 jackets for the Fremont Flyers. YAY! They have a tournament Saturday, and practice tomorrow, so it's great that they'll get to use them this weekend. I'll take a photo of them tomorrow and show you how they turned out. It was a bit of a challenge trying to hoop the Medium size ones.

I started off with the XXL ones for the coaches, and worked my way down to the size Mediums. It's like a puzzle, trying to figure out how you're going to miss snaps while hooping. I realized I can move the embroidery in the hoop to adjust for the placement of snaps.

I'm just glad there were no mishaps!

And another thing I'm excited about is I've had my first sale on Etsy! I always wonder if anyone else will like my pieces. And I always am happy when someone does. It gets me excited. Kind of like when I would draft things on paper, and then see it in real life. The first time I saw the Air bearing slide I drew back from the machinist, I was just in awe! LOL

Thank you to all my friends for all their encouragement and support! I love you gals!

3 comments:

Kay said...

Congratulations Mel!!!! That is great!

Anonymous said...

15 jackets...wow!!! Congratulations on your sale!

Melanie E said...

Thank you!! I'm so excited, I'm bursting! LOL Now I am so motivated! :)