So, my mom actually bought the new Journey CD. I haven't listened to any post Steve Perry Journey because I'm such a big Steve Perry fan that it just hasn't ever sounded the same to me. Kind of like how Van Halen is only Van Halen to me if David Lee Roth is singing. I mean I love Sammy, but it's just not the same. LOLAnyway, I only listened to the CD because I've heard their new lead singer sounds "Just Like Steve Perry." And I thought I would see if this was true. Well, his voice sounds like Steve Perry, but the way he sings some of the songs is like listening to a tribute band sing his songs. It's just not the same. I'm sorry.
When you're used to a certain singer singing the songs a certain way, even subtle changes in pitch or even that he can pronounce the actual word so you'd understand it makes the whole song different.
I haven't given the new stuff a try yet. I'll save that for tomorrow. LOL
One funny thing, when my mom actually bought the CD, after listening to it, she thought she got ripped off. She thought it was a whole different group of guys singing Journey's songs. Cause she thought all the songs would be new ones. And she didn't recognize any of the guys. Man, that's bad when my mom can figure out that it's just not the same. LOL
I do give them kudos for finding a guy that sounds more like Steve than the last guy. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment