Saturday, January 24, 2009

They Dryer's fixed!

I'm so excited, the dryer is finally fixed! It lost its heat a couple of months ago. I would have to say in about November. And so we've been doing a mixture of hanging clothes out to dry, or traveling to the laundromat to dry our clothes.

Well, Phil finally took it apart and took different parts to a local Appliance part place in Fremont. He finally got to the part that needed fixing today, and yay, we have a working dryer!! :)

But having to dry clothes the old fashioned way sure did bring back a lot of memories. We didn't have a dryer at home when I was younger, we put things out to dry or went to the laundromat when it rained. Boy, have things changed from when I was a kid.

You see lots of interesting people at the laundromat. And I actually found one that was really clean and quiet. And OMG, they use electronic money cards for the machines. You fill up your cash card at the cash machine, and then put it in the slot on the dryer. I should have brought my camera to take pictures. LOL It was amazing. No change needed. And there are TV's in there now, so you can watch Judge Judy or whatever soap opera they have on at the time.

For me, it was a great time to do some reading. It was a little inconvenient to not have a dryer at home to do laundry whenever I wanted. But it was very convenient to do 3 loads at once. LOL

I am very lucky that Phil can actually figure out how to fix things so that we don't have to call a repair man. I think he should have a second career as a handyman. LOL Like Beau Bridges on Desperate Housewives. ;)

No comments: