
It's Strawberry tart time at
Nation's Giant Hamburgers. So of course we had to go get one at our local Nation's. It's a local chain that I'm finding is only in the East Bay Area (and Tracy). There are none on the Peninsula. So when I started working in Newark, oh so many years ago, I got my first taste of Nations. OMG, it is so good. Strawberry Pie time is second only to Apricot Pie time (which is only in the month of March).

I had to take a picture of their new tart container. LOL Before they would wrap the tart in waxed paper for the ride home. This was always really messy when you'd unwrap it leaving the strawberry sauce on the paper and not on the strawberries. And of course, for me, this is the "Eat just the strawberries in the tart and leave the crust behind" kind of pie.
It is just so yummy now in my tummy. The strawberries were really sweet, and they are piled high one on top of the other. As Rachel Ray would say...Yum-O!
If you go to get one, you have to go early. And I suggest that if you see them in the pie case, order them with your meal even if it is to go. Last year Phil said that he'd order it after we ate cause there were 11 of them in the case. By the time we finished they were all gone. He has never heard the end of it from me. ;)
4 comments:
OMG that looks so good I could eat it right off the screen!! I'll be right over...
LOL Come on down! It's Strawberry pie month in May too! ;)
That looks so good, 'cept it needs fresh whipped cream :)
my thoughts exactly. We had no whipped cream though. :( I'll just have to get another one. :)
Post a Comment