So last night while making banana bread, I thought to myself, I wonder how it would taste with Cranberries in it instead of nuts. I mean I don't eat the bread myself because there are bananas in it...ick. So I thought, "What the heck?"So I took the banana bread recipe that I normally use, and substituted a cup of dried Cranberries in it.
Phil says it tastes really good. The cranberries kind of cut down the banana taste in the bread. Hmm, still will not make me want to eat banana bread. LOL
Favorite Banana Bread with Cranberries
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
2 eggs
2-1/4 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped Craisins (dried Cranberries)
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add bananas and eggs; mix well. Add combined dry ingredients; mix just until moistened. Stir in Cranberries.
POUR into greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pan.
BAKE 1 hour 10 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 min.; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing to serve. Store any leftover bread in refrigerator.
No comments:
Post a Comment