Friday, May 15, 2009

Tackle Twill Lettering

So I've been doing some research on how to do tackle twill lettering. For those of you who do not know what that is, it's the lettering on a lot of sports jerseys and even sweatshirts. It's an appliqué process that uses a poly-pro twill for the letters, and you sew them onto whatever garment you want.

I've been looking for websites that have instructions on how to do it. But I don't know if a lot of embroiderers figure that you already know the process, or if they don't want to share secrets unless you buy their tutorials.

Anyway, found a great site that has a wonderful tutorial that I thought I'd share. The site is Quick Artwork Designs. They have awesome step-by-step photos to go along with their instructions.

And I thought I was kind of geeky for doing my designs in AutoCAD. Well, seems that embroidery designs come out better when they're done in vector based files. And some companies do use AutoCAD. YAY! I'm a step ahead there. LOL

The things you learn while doing research. :)

No comments: