Many years ago I bought a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" And in it was this Banana bread recipe.
Although I do not eat the banana bread, cause I really don't like bananas, I have been told that this recipe is really very good. (From those who have ate the bread that I've baked).
Favorite Banana Bread
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
2 eggs
2-1/4 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnut Pieces
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add bananas and eggs; mix well. Add combined dry ingredients; mix just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
POUR into greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pan.
BAKE 1 hour 10 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 min.; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing to serve. Store any leftover bread in refrigerator.
We had some bananas that were going bad, so I decided to make the bread. Sad thing is that I don't eat it, and Phil's on a diet so he's not going to eat it. But I hate seeing bananas go to waste. LOL So I think I'll make a trip over to my mom's and drop it off to her. :)
3 comments:
Looks like a great recipe for banana bread!
Check out some of my banana bread recipes if you get chance!
Thanks
Laura
Looks good, I've never had banana bread with cream cheese in it. I wonder what it does to make it taste different. Smmooooth? lol
Do you not like banana bread cuz of the bread or too bananay for you? I like the bread when I have like spaghetti..something about the sweetness with the sauce. I know TMI...lol
Kay, I think the cream cheese makes it a little more cake like. That's what Debi G. said, it's not so dense. :) LOL I don't like bananas or the smell of bananas. I would totally eat it if it was like apricot bread or something like that. LOL
And Laura, I'll check out your recipes, I love reading other people's recipes. :)
Post a Comment