This is my first draft of my first large embroidery. The hoop we have embroiders an area of 5" x 7". The embroidery Christoph wants to have done is way bigger than that. LOL So I had to split the embroidery up into 3 pieces.
Boy, was that a chore to figure out how to split the embroidery. I am using the Palette 7 Software for the Babylock ellure machine. And luckily it is a pretty simply shape to embroider.
It was a bit tough to piece together from the instructions just how to embroider a large piece. I tried using the extra-large hoop that comes with the machine. That hoop is only a few inches larger, and requires you to divide the design into 3 parts. Since my design was still larger than that, I decided to use the regular hoop and only divide the design 3 times instead of 4.
On my first attempt I designed the logo to use the extra-large hoop, not thinking that I had to split the design in that hoop 3 times. So when you write it to the card, then put the card in the sewing machine, it says it will not work.
The way to go about it is to size your custom design page first, then choose the hoop you want to use. This way it will show dashed red lines where your hoop space will be.
Then you import your .pes file into that window.
In the Tutorial section of the software, there is a great photo tutorial of how this works.
I'll post more tomorrow on my trials of hooping this. I hope that it will work out well! :)
2 comments:
You are awesome! I love that you can figure that stuff out too. I'd be like "uhhh" lol...I still have to find out if my sewing machine works so I can do some sewing things I need to get done (finally!)...I hate hemming pants by hand and I've needed to do these for over a year. lol They're just pj bottoms so not a rush but stil.
LOL I totally know what you mean about having the pants sitting there. I still need to sew up some pillows for the window seat. And you would have SO figured it out too. :)
Post a Comment